North Oaks currently has over 1,800 homes, townhomes, and condominiums/apartments, with an estimated population of 5,000. All persons or corporations who own land within the boundaries of the association are automatically enrolled as members of NOHOA.
NOHOA staff and its volunteer Board of Directors work diligently to organize, plan, and deliver the various programs and services that association Members enjoy. NOHOA is responsible for:
- Roads - all maintenance including snow-plowing, sweeping, resurfacing, and signage; bridges and culverts are also maintained as part of the North Oaks road system
- Natural environment - using best practices to manage and preserve NOHOA's shoreland, wetlands, woodlands and prairies
- Grounds and buildings - maintaining and improving common areas and facilities including community parkland, trail system, recreation centers (East Rec, West Rec and Wilkinson), tennis courts, ice rinks, soccer fields, baseball diamonds, and Pleasant Lake beach
- Recreational programming - provide recreational opportunities for all ages including tennis, soccer, sailing, and others
- Privacy and governance - protecting and maintaining privacy through education, outreach, and policies; enforcing the covenants, restrictions, easements, conditions and terms set forth in the Warranty Deeds, Declarations, and other governing documents
Dues and Assessments
Annual dues and assessments cover the costs of carrying out NOHOA's responsibilities as detailed above and also include administrative staff, taxes, insurance, legal expenses, and other association needs. Dues and assessments are ratified by a vote of the Members in conjunction with their annual Membership meeting held in December and are due in January.